April 10 @ 9:00 am - 2:00 pm
Join SGR for the 2021 Sand Hollow Aquatic Center (SHAC) Triathlon!
This fun event puts your running, biking, and swimming abilities to the test! If you’ve ever thought of doing a Triathlon before, this is your time to do it! Starting and ending at the SHAC, this course will take you around the neighbors surrounding the aquatic center.
The swim will be in the SHAC indoor pool. The swim will take place in heats of approximately 20 racers. There will be two people in each full sized lane. The Sprint Distance will start first at 9:00 am, followed by the beginner distance at 11:00 am, and the kid’s distance at 12:00 pm Noon. The pool temperature will be between 81 – 84 degrees.
Riders will leave the Sand Hollow Aquatic Center and take a right onto 2400 West. They will turn right onto 2000 N before turning right again on Tuweap Drive. Riders will take Tuweap Drive to Sunset Blvd. where they will again take a right before heading back to the Sand Hollow Aquatic Center. Beginner distance will ride the course twice while sprint will ride the course four times. Riders must wear a bike helmet or they will not be allowed to participate.
The running course is an out and back 1 and 1/2 mile loop. It will follow the bike path North of the pool and East of Lava Flow Drive. One “lap” for the beginner distance; two “laps” for the sprint distance. There will be aid stations at the transition area and the run turn-arounds. Bikers must wear a bike helmet or they will not be allowed on the bike course. Helmets will not be supplied.
All finishers receive a finisher medal! The sprint and relay races will have awards in each 5 year age division.
Beginner & Sprint events are capped at 400 participants!
There will be a team relay option for the sprint division only! Team relay can consist of up to 3 athletes, each completing one of the disciplines. Open Men, Open Women, and Mixed divisions available for the relay. Top 3 teams in each of these divisions will receive awards.
Swim (25m Length)
- Beginner = 8 Lengths (200m)
- Sprint and Team = 16 Lengths (400m)
- Kids Beginner = 2 Lengths (50m)
- Kids Sprint = 4 Lengths (100m)
- Beginner = 2 Loops (6 Miles)
- Sprint and Team = 4 Loops (12 Miles)
- Kids Beginner = 1 Mile (1/2 mile out and back)
- Kids Sprint = = 2 Miles (1 mile out and back)
- Beginner = 1 Loop (1.5 Miles)
- Sprint and Team = 2 Loops (3 Miles)
- Kids Beginner = 1/2 Mile (.25 Miles out and .25 Miles back on same course)
- Kids Sprint = 3/4 Mile (.375 Miles out and .375 Miles back on same course)
Packet Pickup Date: Friday, April 9th, 2021, 5pm-7pm at the Sand Hollow Aquatic Center
The SHAC parking lot will not be available on race day due to the event’s mapped course. Parking is available at Snow Canyon High School & Middle School.
Regular Registration (until Friday, April 2nd, 2021 at 11:59 pm)
- Beginner Triathlon- Individual: $45
- Sprint Triathlon- Individual: $45
- Sprint Triathlon- Relay: $65
- Kids Beginner Triathlon: $15
- Kids Sprint Triathlon: $15
Late Registration: (Saturday, April 3rd, 2021 to Wednesday, April 6th, 2021 at 5:00 pm MST)
- Beginner Triathlon- Individual: $55
- Sprint Triathlon- Individual: $55
- Sprint Triathlon- Relay: $75
- Kids Beginner Triathlon: $25
- Kids Sprint Triathlon: $25