By Emily Evans
When my husband and I had our first baby the first thing we purchased was not a crib or diapers, it was a baby jogger. I remember when I was pregnant going to an appointment and my husband asked the doctor how old the baby needed to be before he could run a marathon with the jogger. The doctor’s reply was “Why would you want to do that?”
When our baby was 4 months old I was so excited to run the Salt Lake Marathon 5k with the jogger. I was bummed when I found out that joggers with stollers had to start in the back. It was frustrating trying to get ahead of the people who were slower than me. Despite the less-than-ideal start, I loved having my jogging stroller. It made the run so much more fun!
Was the jogger a pretty penny? Yes. Was it worth it? Absolutely! We look at the jogger as an investment that has definitely paid off. It is still going strong after two children, many marathons and many, many miles. It has even been run over by a car (not with a child in it, of course).
Here are the things I have loved about our jogger:
- 5 point harness – for safety and keeping in those wiggly children
- Easy to wipe clean – great for spills and explosions
- Shock absorber – so baby doesn’t have to feel those bumps
- Reclining chair – great for infants and nap time in older children
- Sun Canopy with viewing window – so I can keep an eye on baby while they are protected from the elements
- Hand brake – awesome for running down hill
- Parking brake – so baby doesn’t roll away while you are stretching after your run
- Light weight and easy to fold up – easy to put in the trunk so I could go run at the park