By Elizabeth Jenkins
One of the simplest ways to stay safe this time of year is to make sure you have on plenty of reflective gear and lights. This past Thursday, we turned our running group into a glowing, shining, blinking festival of funk. We had hundreds of people come to our store dressed up in all sorts of neon for a jaunt around liberty part. Boy, we lit that park up.
Here are some pictures from the event:
As you can see, in many cases, the reflective vests are the only things you can see. Make sure you in”vest” in a good one! Here are two options we love:
This is great because:
1. It has 360*of high reflective coverage.
2. It has a pocket for gels, keys, phone, etc.
3. It adjusts at both the waist and in the shoulders. It fits just about everyone.
4. Minimalist design you can wear in any weather and it won’t swish around on you or move around.
There is also another version which we carry. It is called the Amphipod Xinglet Flash LED vest. Here it is:
It’s great because:
1. It has all the functionality we love about the pocket vest.
2. It has really bright LED lights on the front AND back!
3. Has a really easy to use on-off button on the front.
4. Operates on small, lightweight, easy-to-replace CR2032 coin batteries, included!
Again, a reflective vest is the easiest way to add a lot of visibility to your running wardrobe. This time of year it gets dark much earlier and drivers don’t always see runners. Get a vest, do your part, stay safe.
Come run with us every Thursday at 6:00 pm at the 700 E store and 8:00 am on Saturdays at the Draper store.