Operations Manager Job Description
Salt Lake Running Company, a top 50 running store, is looking for an experienced team player to assist in aligning our assets, building our brand, connecting with our customers, and moving the needle. This is critical management level position overseeing the back end operations of a 20 year-old company. In order to achieve the listed objectives and requirements, the Operations Manager must possess a “Whatever it takes” attitude and work with the Salt Lake Running Company team to find success. This person must a professional: efficient, organized, good communication skills, and comfortable with fast paced team environment as well as working alone with the benefit of full time hours. Weekly schedule is dependent on time of year with start times between 6am-8am and leave times between 2pm-6pm working 40 (+ or -) hours a week, Monday-Friday and specific Saturdays.
– Oversee back end daily operations for three retail store locations ensuring business readiness. Review, develop, implement and train staff on procedures, workflow processes for both general and specific policies involving company, employees or customers. Understand and train on ordering procedures and buying practices, reporting, and management of inventory and the distribution of product.
– Accurately control inventory with both physical item counts and the point of sale software. As well as overseeing the receiving, stocking procedures and movement of product between stores including internet sales. ie ebay, locally.com, saltlakerunning.com
– Maintain all IT aspects for the business including: hardware and software which includes Computer Maintenance, Windows XP, Windows 7, Retail Pro Point of Sale Software, WordPress Websites, Document Control, Register Equipment, Company Emails, Software Security, Server Maintenance.
– Weekly reconciliation of vendor invoices and to ensure accurate totals from receiving, billing, and shipping charges and fixing any issues that occurred. Weekly review of Z tapes for cashier errors and training.
– Weekly management of customer Rewards Program.
– Prep all off site expo events and procedures. (4-6 expos a year)
– Assist with any other store event when needed such as races, expos, holiday sales, educational clinics, and special events
– Support and assist all staff members, store operations and management team as needed. Attend weekly management meeting.
– Perform special projects as required.
– Be able to lift 50lbs
– Work Sales Floor as fill in
– Receive daily shipments and tag product accurately and efficiently
– Process Customer Special Orders
– Stock product and assist with store layouts for season changes
– Pick, process, package, and deliver product between our stores twice a week
– Prepare and ship product for customers and vendors
– Research, find & report discrepancies
– Communicate and cooperate with ownership, supervisors, coworkers, purchasing and sales dept.
– Maintain an organized and clean stock room and work area
– Maintain product flow of back stocked items to sales floor
– Assist in tracking, moving and managing aging product
– Prepare expo and offsite event commitments
– Perform physical inventory counts
– Process customer returns/defective items
– Outdoor exposure during workday, minimal but common
– Oversee operation assistants during busy seasons
– Hourly position, compensation depending on prior experience
– 401K Matching Program (after 6 months with company)
– Insurance Reimbursement ($100/mo single, $200/mo married, $300/mo married w/children)
– Paid Time Off (Year 1=40 hours, Year 2=60 hours, Year 3=80 hours)
Contact: Guy Perry
Email: [email protected]
Address: 2454 S 700 E Salt Lake City UT, 84106