by Arwa Jundi
For most people the time between Thanksgiving and the New Year are a challenging time of year in regards to healthy eating and workout routines. Having a set challenge helps you stick to your routine and get healthy in a hard time of year.
Like in any training program you need begin to gradually add to your workouts, nutrition, endurance and training. In the next 25 days, gradually eliminate bad foods from your diet, build core strength and increase resistance & endurance. With gradual improvements you will beat the holiday weight gain & feel great bringing in the New Year.
Give it your full commitment!
Today start your 25 days to Christmas & a new you in 2015.
Every day either add a very simple exercise or eliminate a bad food from your diet. A good way to stay committed is to replace the unhealthy food we are eliminating with a healthy alternative. Simple steps will bring us to great results.
Here’s a simple example to start for your 25 days of healthy living:
Eliminate Ice Cream & Frozen yogurt. Replace it with a homemade healthy fruit Popsicle, (please see recipe below) or a store bought fruit Popsicle. Also today start a push up routine. Every day you can add one push up to your daily routine. If you can’t do a pushups correctly or comfortably drop to your knees and do them that way.
- 2 cups strawberry or raspberry yogurt (or you can combine frozen fruit about 2 cups with 1 small Greek yogurt & 1.5 tbsp honey)
- 1 tablespoons fresh lemon juice or ¼ cup fresh orange juice
- 1.5 medium ripe bananas, mashed
- Optional- for some extra nutrition you can add ½ cup spinach or kale
- In a blender, combine all ingredients and blend until smooth.
- Fill popsicle molds; insert sticks & freeze. If you don’t have Popsicle molds you can use smoothie freezer cups.
Your 2015 goals of healthy living starts today, not tomorrow or on January 1!